Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 75336a2: Merge branch 'feature/standard-test-lo

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 75336a2: Merge branch 'feature/standard-test-location'
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 22:06:09 +0200

On 11/28/2015 09:20 PM, Phillip Lord wrote:

Possibly not. I just inverted the logic -- I moved all of the files from
"automated" into top-level, and everything from top-level into "manual".

All right, thanks, I can see the idea now. I haven't noticed that there's no 'automatic' directory now.

In the long term it might be nice to either link these into "make check"
from the test dir,

And then, the 'manual' directory will disappear? Sounds good.

or make them ert driven and move them to the main
directory.

In the previous discussions, Stefan has been a been proponent to keeping indentation tests as sample files, instead of ERT scripts.

Because, as the argument went, it's much easier to work on the indentation code when the file contents are right before your eyes, and you can interact with them live.

Initially, I've put a number of indentation tests into automated/ruby-mode-tests.el, but now I more or less agree with the above position.

I've been working on a new package with some higher-level
predicates which should do most of what the indent tests do, which
should help.

There is a `ruby-should-indent-buffer' helper in the aforementioned file. I haven't really needed much else.