Re: First draft of the Emacs website

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 09:02:28 +0800

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I think I'm ready to show my work on the website of Emacs:
>
> http://nicolas-petton.fr/ressources/emacs-website/

Nice work!  I've always thought that the logo of Emacs should be on the
website, and now we have it!

A few comments:

* IMHO the color for the "Download for" links is too dark.  #B67FD6
  looks better to me.

  model for element `ul' is: "Zero or more li and script-supporting
  elements."[1]

* We don't provide OS X binaries currently.  What would the "MacOS X"
  link link to?

* The "Take the Emacs tour" link is gone.  But I think it's a pretty
  good tour/overview of GNU Emacs.  Do you have plan to rewrite/update it?

* It would be good to add an `alt' attribute for the FSF logo, like the
  original website :-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/single-page.html#the-ul-element