Re: disable debug-on-error in emacs -Q?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: disable debug-on-error in emacs -Q?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:10:55 -0500

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm testing with:
>
> (+ "foo" 2)
>
> evaluated in the scratch buffer with C-j. Same result evaluating via M-:.

Both of those methods use eval-expression-debug-on-error rather than
debug-on-error, try

(defun foo ()
  (interactive)
  (+ "foo" 2))

And then M-x foo, instead.

>> Emacs doesn't behave differently with -Q in this respect.
>
> It does for me.

Presumable you have set eval-expression-debug-on-error to nil in your init file.

> I found a workaround; eval the expression once to get *Backtraces*.
> Then eval it again without quiting the debugger; that gives the error
> message.

Hitting c (debugger-continue) from *Backtraces* should also work.