Re: [elpa]: I possibly broke something

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [elpa]: I possibly broke something
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 18:44:12 +0100

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm looking at the latest diffs here and it looks like you didn't downgrade
>> anything.
>>
>> On 2 Dec 2015 9:59 am, "David González Gándara"
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sorry about my unexpertise with git. I tried to merge my local changes
>>> with the ones Stefan Monnier's did fixing my package and I think I may have
>>> downgraded other changes.
>
> Just to ease your mind, David. I just checked git-blame and you most
> certainly did not screw anything up. ;-)

How would you check using git-blame that he did not accidentally revert
changes in a bad merge?  Neither the old nor the new lines would be
traced to him.

To check, you would rather use git-diff from before the merge on the
master branch to after the merge: that should only show his own work.

--
David Kastrup