Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:44:55 -0800

Daniel Colascione wrote:
It's programmable in Lisp. Lisp stack overflows shouldn't kill Emacs.
I'm suggesting that we shouldn't care about *C* stack overflows.

The Lisp stack *is* the C stack. There is just one stack, which can overflow in module code or in Elisp interpreter code (or in library code or whatever). Whatever technique is used to detect Lisp stack overflows, should be usable to detect stack overflows in module calls.