Re: Basic questions about the triage process

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Basic questions about the triage process
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 02:07:46 +0100

Andrew Hyatt <address@hidden> writes:

> That sounds like a good idea for bugs of reasonable recentness. I'm
> going through old bugs that are years old now. To me, it feels a bit
> awkward to suddenly ask people to confirm anything after years have
> passed - just closing seems like a more reasonable approach to me. But
> I'll follow your advice for bugs in the last year. If you feel strongly
> that time elapsed shouldn't matter, though, I'm happy to do it your way
> all the time.

Yeah, if they're really old and aren't reproducing, closing them may be
the right thing to do.

> Also, I'm assuming that the bug can always be re-opened if necessary.
> Maybe that isn't the case.

That's the case.  But sending a form letter to the person who opened the
bug report may be polite.  Just something like

"This bug doesn't reproduce in Emacs 25, so I'm closing the bug report.
Please reopen if you're still seeing the bug."

or something.