Re: Need review of emacs-25-merge branch

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Need review of emacs-25-merge branch
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:49:34 -0800

> Frankly, I don't see how that would be needed, in the simple workflow we use
> around here.

You know, I think now you may be right, as much as I love technology. I just
did a plain "git merge emacs-25", in the same master branch as yesterday.

I was presented with the same 12 merge conflicts; it took all of 1 second to
perform that merge; and I would have had to resolve the same conflicts in the
same way I did when using git-imerge. Only, it would have proceeded in a
fraction of the time.

So, no actual win for git-imerge, I was just scared off by what Stefan wrote
that I didn't even try the standard method to compare.

I'll stick with gitmerge.el and just being more regular, until the complexity
becomes a real problem. The main thing now is ChangeLog-2. Paul, would you be
willing to help with that one this time?