Re: [ELPA] New package: loccur

From: daniel sutton
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: loccur
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 21:14:06 -0600

hi. had a question about the code.

I'm not familiar with this notation and was wondering if anyone could chime in with an explanation:
(define-key global-map [(control o)] 'loccur-current)

and then you have the following line
             (let ((ovl-start (if (= prev-end 1) 1 prev-end))...)
where it seems like ovl-start is always equal to prev-end?

Just trying t ounderstand these parts but otherwise the package looks amazing and I've already incorporated it into my emacs. thanks so much for sharing

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to contribute my package loccur
> (https://github.com/fourier/loccur) to the GNU ELPA. It is basically
> something in between keep-lines and occur: provides the same
> functionality as occur but without creating a new buffer/window.

A better analogy to describe your package is narrowing
to non-contiguous regions with boundaries of matching lines
(not sure wherether this feature should be added into core).