Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:40:14 +0100

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
> So: I want to know how all y'all would feel if I closed git.gnus.org and
> started bringing the Gnus code base in the Emacs trunk up to modern
> Emacs standards.  That would mean removing basically all compat code.

No objections from me (I'm currently doing the same for CEDET, for
pretty much the same reasons), but just to clarify: this means that we
only care about the current Emacs version and do not do separate
releases anymore? I'm mostly worried about how this will affect the
T-shirt release process.

-David