Re: Removal of unexec support from glibc malloc

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Removal of unexec support from glibc malloc
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 05:03:44 +0300

On 01/19/2016 04:45 AM, Ali Bahrami wrote:
I wonder how much of that is simply finding
the files, opening them, and pulling in the bytes, and how
much is emacs loading those bytes into its internal data
structures?

I'd venture a guess that it's mostly the latter: I can Grep through the files in question much faster than that.

For that matter, I wonder how much time could be shaved
if temacs didn't announce each loaded file in the minibuffer
at startup?

Much less than 4 seconds, probably.