Re: Docstrings and manuals

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Docstrings and manuals
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 10:49:56 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> So, to be clear, I dislike the ambiguity that manuals that try to be
> all-encompassing, like this one, create about the main source of
> information about each function.

We will always find examples where the entries in the manual are
inferior, compared with the docstring. We will also find examples with
incompatible information in the docstring and the manual.

This does not mean that manuals are useless. It only means, that there's
a bug to be fixed.

Best regards, Michael.