Re: Overriding the value of indent-tabs-mode in Emacs code

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Overriding the value of indent-tabs-mode in Emacs code
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 02:30:56 +0300

On 05/26/2016 02:24 AM, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

Dumb question: why don't we just convert the files to the spaces
convention, if that's the goal anyway?  Doing it gradually patch by
patch (patches that are sometimes harder to read) seems to be quite
troublesome...

This way we don't break each affected line's attribution in 'git blame' (one can ask it to ignore whitespace changes, but the user has to know to do that, and it makes the command considerably slower).