Re: Issue in src/xfns.c

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Issue in src/xfns.c
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:16:33 -0400

> On Jun 14, 2016, at 14:02, Christian Lynbech <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> I am not entirely sure what the intention was, but I think there is a
> small issue in xfns.c in relation to the RANDR13_LIBRARY macro.
>
> It is used in two places, one where it uses #if and another that uses
> #ifdef, the latter of which I think should have been a #if. At least it
> failed to compile for me on a rather old linux system with a setup I
> know onbly a little about. The define that introduces RANDR13_LIBRARY is
> a boolean expression so RANDR13_LIBRARY is always defined.
>
> As far as I can see this is still present in the git repository on the
> master branch. An attempt of a patch is given below.

Yes, this is a silly bug in my patch from March, present in both master and
emacs-25. Unfortunately the user’s environment that I made the patch for had
older xrandr support in the server but newer libraries (on different machines,
if I recall correctly), so it slipped through testing. :-(

Christian’s patch is straightforward and looks correct to me. It should take a
system with an older (pre-1.3) xrandr library to cause compilation to fail, and
I don’t have such a system to test on.

John, you’re steering the ship again now, right? (I hope you had a great
vacation!) Most modern X installations shouldn’t be affected by this, but as
Christian shows, there’ll probably be a few outdated ones that’ll be affected.
Okay to commit this fix for emacs-25?

Ken