Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 18:09:35 -0400

Another example of the same kind of lumping together of features is
Gnus.  Including a mail-sending mode in Gnus made Emacs complicated in
an unnecessary way.

If someone wanted features that Mail mode didn't have,
the best way to add them to Emacs would have been to add them to Mail mode.
The second best way to add them to Emacs,
in case they did not fit into Mail mode,
would have been to make an alternate mail-sending mode,
as an independent feature.

Being independent features doesn't mean they can't work together.
Rmail and Mail mode are both independent features, but they work
together through clean interfaces.

I think Hyperbole is such an example, so I asked Robert to separate
some of its functionalities before we install it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman