Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 18:16:14 +0200

On 2016-07-04, at 23:20, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   > The beauty is that only that specific line has to contain the TODO
>   > information.
>
> In what sense is that beautiful?

You may keep many things in one file.

For instance, I prepare my blog entries in some Org file.  Each entry is
at the same time a TODO item, with todo keywords TODO, READY and DONE
("READY" means ready for publishing, "DONE" means published).  Each
entry has also a "LOGBOOK drawer", which is normally hidden, with
clocking (= time-tracking) information.  All in one place.  This is
beautiful.

>   > - The TODO headlines can have a "property block" which can contain a wide
>   > range of meta properties to be used during export, tangling, etc.
>
> What does it mean to "export", and why would you want to do that to a
> TODO list?  Why would it be important to put properties on parts
> of a TODO list?

Eg. convert them to LaTeX for printing on paper.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University