Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:07:52 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> So I think we should either fall back to the idea of using
> buffer-local values and make it work somehow, or have environment.el
> provide its own versions of call-process, etc, that use the modified
> environments.
>
> The latter option will require modifying all appropriate callers, but
> seems like the cleanest approach to me.

Conceptually, you kick off all packages then which support remote
processes. They use proess-file instead of call-process, etc.

I don't know whether environment.el plans to support this case. But all
callers, which would change such a way, don't support remote processes
anymore.

Best regards, Michael.