Emacs and ImageMagick-7 issues

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Emacs and ImageMagick-7 issues
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 22:14:01 +0200

Just for the record I want to flag the following.

A few months ago, on MSYS2-MinGW64, there was the upgrade from ImageMagick 6.x to version 7.x. After this, 'configure' stopped to add support for ImageMagick when building Emacs:

Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             no

(with version 6.x it is 'yes').

This seems related to the fact that ImageMagick people has changed many file name, adding 'Magick' ahead. For example, 'configure' search for Wand.pc but there is MagickWand.pc etc. As consequence, also image.c seems broken related to ImageMagick-7.

I think this will regard also other systems when they will upgrade to ImageMagick-7, unless that people will revert the naming convention.

Ciao,
  Angelo.