Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 10:07:59 -0700

LB> Now that we have new maintainers, I'd be curious to hear if they have any
LB> thoughs on this? (See the original post for more information.)

No particular thoughts from me right now. I'm curious to see what happens with
Guile, but I'm not eager to change. It would be nice to have real compilation
of Emacs Lisp after the manner of Common Lisp, and maybe the concurrency
support; but otherwise Emacs Lisp works pretty well for our use cases.