Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 15:33:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I was hoping the modified package.el will help us get the files from
> the repository, either local or remote, directly into the Emacs source
> tree.

You are right, supporting both cases would indeed make sense.  And
depending on how this is going to be implemented, these may not be much
different.  Especially if we would always clone all ELPA core package
repositories locally and then dispatch the files from there into the
Emacs source tree.  Or did you envision to just download the latest
(tagged?) revision and only have the repos cloned on demand?

Alain