RE: [Ann] elisp-refs, a semantic elisp search tool (GNU ELPA request)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Ann] elisp-refs, a semantic elisp search tool (GNU ELPA request)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds interesting.

> semantic search of all the elisp in the current Emacs instance.

When I read that, I thought you meant the code in all _loaded_
Lisp libraries.

> parsing all the code on `load-path',

But this seems to be something entirely different - all the
code on disk under all the directories in `load-path'.

I don't see why someone would want to do the latter, instead
of the former.  I, for one, have tons of stuff on my `load-path'
that I rarely, if ever, load/use.  My `load-path' is just a
way to tell Emacs where to look for a library IF I should
happen to ask for it.

A quick look at the code suggests that you do in fact mean
the former.  In that case, better not speak of "load path".
What you are talking about are the "files that have been
loaded in Emacs", as your `elisp-refs--loaded-files' doc
string says.