Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 21:07:47 -0400

> That sounds strangely long, as I got less than 2 sec with all the
> preloaded *.elc files concatenated to a single file, and that's before
> I made pure-copy a no-op.
> Another report was that "loadup" with pure-copy short-circuited took
> less than 0.5 sec.  See

Hmm... indeed, I got to 0.72s with his patch (on a different, slower
machine (a Thinkpad X201s, i.e. with a i7 CPU L620 @ 2.00GHz)).

If I re-add international/characters it goes up a bit to
0.96s, but still nowhere near the 3s I got on my big .elc file.
[ I wonder what makes loading my big file so slow.  ]

This said, there's still a factor 5-10 to get to "immediate", tho.

        Stefan