Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:54:54 +0200

> From: dptd dptd <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 13:37:20 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I have the patch ready. Should I simply send it as a plain text to the
> emacs-diffs mailing list?

No, that list is for the VCS to send commits.  Please send to
address@hidden instead, where it will be also recorded in our
issue tracker.

> Another thing is the copyright assignment. My patch has more than 15 lines of
> code so as far as I know I need
> do that. I have read in the CONTRIBUTE that emacs-devel can help with that. I
> have also read on the FSF
> page
> that I should probably contact with the package maintainer. Where can I find
> any contact information?

The relevant people are reading the above-mentioned list, so you don't
need to look for them if you send there.

I will send you the copyright assignment form off-list, so you will be
able to start the legal paperwork rolling.

Thanks.