Re: Change in files.el

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Change in files.el
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:21:14 +0000

Just a data point from a user:

I would appreciate the consistency of variables named with -function/-predicate suffixes to have a function has a default value. Being able to use add-function on just variables is very convenient (I use it to tweak region-extract-function). The default values also serve as good examples.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:54 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can add-function infer that a -function variable with a value of "nil" is
> equivalent to it having a value of 'ignore?

As Leo pointed out, in 99% of the cases, nil is not equivalent to
`ignore' in those variables.  And if it were, then what would be the
benefit to use nil instead of using `ignore' as the default value?