Re: Request for advice on GNUS internals. GSSAPI progress report

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Request for advice on GNUS internals. GSSAPI progress report
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:50:38 +0800

On 21 February 2017 at 00:10, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

I've skimmed the patch, and it looks reasonable to me, but I know
nothing about GSSAPI.  :-)  I wonder whether that's also used for other
networking protocols, like pop3 or SMTP, or is it IMAP only?

I don't know about POP3, does anyone still use that? It's definitely supported for SMTP, and now that you mention it, I have to implement that support too. It would be a pretty useless feature if you can read your mail without requiring a stored password, but still needing it to send them. :-)

Seems I'll have to dig into the Gnus SMTP implementation before this is ready. :-)

Regards,
Elias