Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:09:08 +0100

Thank you, Philippe. I'll be glad to maintain and publish an *unofficial*
Emacs Docker image with your help, once 25.x can build inside Docker.
For now I guess it's not possible?

For now it's only possible in two ways:

- "manually": by building docker on the host and copying the binaries inside the image, then pushing to the docker hub.
- By using my Dockerfile but disabling /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space, and then pushing the image.

Both of these solutions are not good in that they don't use the automated build feature of the docker hub.

Ideally, you could simply push the Dockerfile inside the emacs repo and the docker hub would build emacs for each new tag/branch automatically.

Philippe