Re: [ELPA] I regret using subtree

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] I regret using subtree
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:46:47 -0400

> There are files with more than 1 maintainer/author.  Just pick up the
> first one may not suffice.

I disagree here.  E.g. for Tramp, Kai is not involved any more, so the
right fix is to add a "Maintainer:" to tramp.el.

> II) There are files with plural versions of 'Author', 'Maintainer' headers
> For instance, lisp/net/rcirc.el In this case `lm-maintainer' fall back
> in `lm-authors' so that Liu wouldn't be in CC.

Again, these are errors in the files.

> III)
> The e-mail format might confuse these tools.
> E.g.
> lisp/org/org-protocol.el
> ;; Maintainer: Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose AT gmx DOT de>
> or in
> lisp/progmodes/prolog.el
> ;; Maintainer: Stefan Bruda <stefan(at)bruda(dot)ca>

And here as well, these are errors in the file.

I don't think we want to make lisp-mnt.el into some kind of DWIM
guesswork when we can very easily fix the files.

        Stefan