Re: GnuPG homedir and package.el?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GnuPG homedir and package.el?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 17:22:19 +0300

> From: Jens Lechtenboerger <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 16:01:18 +0200
>
> How do people go about changing etc/NEWS and manual pages?
> Should the small changes required in this case be discussed here?

They should be mentioned in NEWS, definitely.

As for the manual (I guess you meant the user manual), it depends on
whether you think the added option is important for users to know
about.  (Btw, your ':version' rag is incorrect, it should be "26.1".)

> Those changes of documentation are sometimes introduced as separate
> commits, sometimes combined with the code change.  What is
> preferred?

My personal preference is for all the related changes to be in a
single changeset and a single commit.