Re: [RFC] Gnus generalized search, part II

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [RFC] Gnus generalized search, part II
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:08:05 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 22:27:45 -0700
>>
>> I don't know how threads interact with C-g.
>
> How would you want threads to interact with C-g?

I'm still trying to get a correct mental model of how all this is
working. I assume that, if I gather the threads using:

(mapc #'thread-join threads)

None of the threads ever become the "current thread", and so C-g would
only ever signal quit to the main thread. So maybe instead of mapc, we
do:

(dolist (t threads)
  (condition-case nil
      (thread-join t)
    (quit (thread-signal t 'quit))))

According to my (limited, untested) understanding, that ought to do the
right thing.

While we're here, one more quick question. Gnus's IMAP servers collect
output by running this on a loop, until there's no more output:

(accept-process-output
  (truncate nntp-read-timeout))

nntp-read-timeout is 0.1, and truncate turns that into 0. Is
(accept-process-output 0) the same as (accept-process-output nil)?

Thanks,
Eric