Re: ctl-x-map key binding conventions for new major/minor modes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ctl-x-map key binding conventions for new major/minor modes
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 10:11:14 +0300

> From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 14:33:45 +0900 (JST)
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>,
>       Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
>
> Imagine one user sets that binding in her .emacs file.  Now she loads
> a lib `foo.el' which automatically sets a global binding
> 'C-x g' to `foo-whatever'.

Perhaps instead of adding recommendations about this, we could have a
feature where define-key invoked as part as 'load' or 'require' would
check, once, if the key being rebound already has a binding, and ask
the user what she would like to do about, with 3 possible answers
being "rebind", "don't rebind", and "error out of 'load'"?