Re: Proposal: new mode-line `%'-construct %o meaning "Degree of travel o

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: Proposal: new mode-line `%'-construct %o meaning "Degree of travel of window through buffer".
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 20:59:11 +0200 (CEST)

Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW: I'd love to have these placeholders supported in Emacs, so that
> I could show in the modeline the range of text (lines) I'm currently
> seeing in the window.  E.g.: "(15-25%)".

For quite some time I've been using sml-modeline, it shows the window
position in a scrollbar-like manner in the modeline.
http://emacs-fu.blogspot.be/2010/03/showing-buffer-position-in-mode-line.html

At the moment I am using nyan-mode instead.
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NyanMode
But it also suffers from some problems it's not reaching 100%.

So, there are many options possible. And everyone wants something
different. So I'm not sure if this %o option would provide much added
value for many users?

-- Toon