Re: init_system_name fqdn?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: init_system_name fqdn?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:30:52 -0400

> exactly how it fails.  But if your system is properly set up as an
> Internet host but gethostname does not return the FQDN (e.g., because
> you put the short name first in /etc/hosts), then I think
> init_system_name should use the FQDN.

How do you suggest Emacs decide whether the "system is properly set up as an
Internet host"?

Why don't you just set up /etc/hostname (I don't think /etc/hosts is
consulted to compute `system-name`) with the FQDN instead of
a short name on those hosts that are properly setup as an Internet host?

        Stefan