Re: Some testing issues

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Some testing issues
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:56:20 +0200

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:33:15 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Is there a less brittle way to test the visibility of point?
>
> Of course, but you first have to use a less brittle question:
> which "point"?  If you just use "point" it normally refer to a location
> in the current buffer regardless of any window and hence "visibility"
> is ill-defined.  So to make it less brittle, you first have to
> explicitly select the window that interests you (i.e. look for a window
> which displays the current buffer).

Well, as I noted, when pos-visible-in-window-p is called in
todo-toggle-view-done-items, the selected window is displaying the
current buffer and AFAICT that can't go wrong when using todo-mode as
intended (i.e., not invoking todo-toggle-view-done-items outside of
todo-mode).  So I don't see any need to explicitly select the window
here.  In the test environment, however, that seems not to be an
invariant, so calling set-window-buffer is apparently needed.

Steve Berman