Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:30:44 -0700

On 09/12/2017 09:05 AM, Philippe Vaucher wrote:
Does a vulnerability that has been there since that long really deserve such a rushed release?

I mean, you could have gone through the classic release procedure with tags/branches etc and maybe delay the release for 2-3 days. Would it really have changed something in that case?

I don't understand why this particular security issue was treated that dramatically, but maybe I'm missing something.

The security issue was quite bad. Adding tags and branches is a matter of minutes, not days. It hasn't been done yet (which is not a good thing), but it should get done reasonably soon.