Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 11:48:33 +1000

If you want to argue based on the premise that side effects are bad,
please take it elsewhere.  The GNU Project does not accept that
premise.

Okay, i respect that position.

Anyway, we do not want to rewrite GNU Emacs in another language.

i'm certainly not arguing for that! Indeed, i've made several posts to Reddit criticising that idea on various grounds, even going so far as to
write a satirical post about the notion of rewriting Emacs in
JavaScript. i only mentioned Haskell in response to (what seemed to me to be) the implication that discouraging global mutable state makes it
inherently impractical to deal with concepts such as buffers.

At any rate, i'll not comment any further on this issue here.

Alexis.