Re: Drag-and-drop FROM Emacs to another editable application window unde

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Drag-and-drop FROM Emacs to another editable application window under MacOS
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:30:07 -0400

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Tak Kunihiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > I wonder why it doesn't work to drop the text onto other applications.
>
>  Probably because there's no standard protocol to drag and drop anything
>  ​​but files between different applications.
>
> ​​Maybe not for every window system but on MacOS there is and many applications accept dragged text
> directly:
> ​​https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/drag_and_drop/making_a_view_into_a_drag_source
> ​ - source info​

For now `mouse-drag-and-drop-region' does nothing when
(event-end (read-event)) is toward out of the current frame.

I think the first step is to revise `mouse-drag-and-drop-region' to let
it drag text to a different frame.

​So I have fixed that as you can see in my prior message.  Now what must be done to allow Emacs to drop the text onto another Mac application that accepts dropped text?

Bob