Re: Emacs-26 threads problem [win64]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs-26 threads problem [win64]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 09:39:42 +0300

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 23:00:56 +0100
> Cc: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>, Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> I think GCC's assumption that 0x40(%rbx) is 16-byte aligned derives
> through some arithmetic from the assumption that the stack was 16-byte
> aligned on entry. Can you try adding
>     __attribute__ ((force_align_arg_pointer))
> to the thread function?

Thanks, we already tried that.  It didn't work, because the offending
address doesn't come from stack, it comes from the heap.

(Nevertheless, the thread function should have this attribute on
Windows for the 32-bit builds to have the correct stack alignment.  I
will do that soon.  But Fabrice's build is 64-bit, where that
alignment is guaranteed by the ABI.)