Re: Emacs Mac port

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:25:46 +0100

>>> (2) Putting the mouse over a tool-bar button, so that the
>>> corresponding tooltip appear, and then quickly dragging the frame
>>> with the mouse to another place on the screen, the tooltip is still
>>> shown for some time at the original screen position.

How can you reproduce that?  Here the tooltip disappears immediately
when moving the mouse from the tool bar button to the frame border.

> I think I could find the cause of this problem finally.  It took a
> long time because it was in the platform-independent part.  I'm still
> not sure if the patch below is the right way, but could you check if
> this also works for your case?

You mean that the help_echo_string built by

      if (cursor != FRAME_X_OUTPUT (f)->nontext_cursor)
        {
          /* Do we really want a help echo here?  */
          help_echo_string = build_string ("drag-mouse-1: resize frame");
          goto set_cursor;

should be immediately erased when we "have a window" and be left as is
when we just "have a frame"?  Or am I missing something else?

martin