Re: fix for bug#29935 copyright-update inserts year at random places

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: fix for bug#29935 copyright-update inserts year at random places
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:07:15 -0500

>> Good.  So we just need to extract the "display-buffer" part of
>> with-temp-buffer-window?
> I still don't understand why plain `display-buffer' (or
> `display-buffer-same-window) shouldn't work here.

Maybe it does.  I don't know.  My question was simply: what are the two
functions that should be used to display and then undisplay a buffer?
And more importantly, "everyone" should know it, so this pair should be
"advertized" somehow (e.g. in the manual where we talk about
save-window-excursion and about display-buffer?).

        Stefan