Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 22:09:01 -0500

  > Honestly, though, the GPL is just a different set of restrictions. And,
  > contrary to popular belief, it restricts users as well as
  > developers. Users are restricted from sharing or modifying this program,
  > except under certain conditions, by the barrier of copyright
  > issues.

It's just the opposite: the GNU GPL _prevents_ restrictions.
It assures that all users can freely redistribute the program,
by stopping middlemen from putting on restrictions.

You look at freedom as a word game, so you say, "Hay, if I can't put
on restrictions, that's a restriction on me."  That paradox doesn't
bother us because we understand freedom as a matter of substance, not
a matter of form.  We judge by the substantive question: are users
free to do the things that give them control over the program?

You don't have to agree with us, but arguing against our philosophy is
outside the purpose of this list.  This list is for Emacs development.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.