Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 03:21:36 -0500

> Having been the target of a frivolous software lawsuit myself
> <https://www.eff.org/press/releases/eff-wins-protection-time-zone-database>
> I am sympathetic to this argument. However, such lawsuits don't mean we
> should give up on the legal system entirely; that would be throwing out
> the baby with the bathwater. Instead, we should use the legal system as
> best we can, and work to improve it where it has significant flaws.

Totally in agreement with you. I just dislike myself (or others) having
to worry about these kinds of things at all. But I guess that's just the
world we live in today.

> Yes, that's often the case. A lot of FUD has been spread about the GPL
> and the GNU project.

Well, I actually distilled this opinion from information that I got from
the FSF's website and gnu.org. So I doubt I was reading any GPL FUD from
them ;)