Re: Let's make C-M-w in isearch yank symbol, not delete character

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Let's make C-M-w in isearch yank symbol, not delete character
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 10:17:53 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 00:32:55 +0200
>
> > This should be in NEWS as well.  What about the manual?
>
> Here is a new patch with the NEWS entry.  Regarding the documentation,
> I'm pretty sure this is not the final implementation as there will be
> more changes in that feature before it's ready to be documented in
> (info "(emacs) Not Exiting Isearch") or in (info "(emacs) Isearch Yank").

If this feature is good enough to be installed, it should be
documented.  If there are later changes, the documentation should be
amended to reflect that.  If nothing else, this makes sure we don't
forget to document it.  Also, there are people who track the master
branch, and they will certainly benefit from having this documented.

> +** Search and Replace
> +
> +*** 'search-exit-option' provides new options 'move' and 'shift-move'
> +to extend the search string by yanking text that ends at the new
> +position after moving point in the current buffer.  `shift-move'
> +extends the search string by motion commands while holding down
> +the shift key.

Please use a consistent quoting stile 'like this'.

Thanks.