Re: emacs-26: `with-eval-after-load' docstring omission

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs-26: `with-eval-after-load' docstring omission
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 16:52:45 -0500

> After reading ‘with-eval-after-load’ docstring (which just says
> "Execute BODY after FILE is loaded.") I expected that BODY would be
> executed just like in ‘eval-after-load’, which by default passes forms
> to ‘eval’.

But then that would mean it does the same as eval-after-load.
The whole point of with-eval-after-load is that it doesn't do the
"double evaluation" of eval-after-load (which was a frequent source of
errors/confusion).

Do you have some suggestion for how we could change
with-eval-after-load's doc to avoid your confusion?

        Stefan