Re: Variable-width font indentation: pasting outside Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Variable-width font indentation: pasting outside Emacs
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:56:47 -0500

  > But all of that is only about how the text appears inside Emacs.
  > What about copying text and pasting it into other applications?

This is am important area for work.  The first question
is to figure out what behavior is right.

Would you like to work on that?

It would be useful to look at what happens when copying
text in and out of LibreOffice, and between two windows
of LibreOffice.  That could give an idea of what we
would want Emacs to do, at least in modes for documents.

We might want to do different things in modes for software.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.