Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 21:46:18 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I don't have a local clone of the ELPA repo, so this'd mean I couldn't
>> do a clean build from Emacs source without going to some extra work.
>
> If we move to include ELPA packages in the normal build (as Phillip is
> trying to do), then "getting Emacs's Git" will indeed require getting
> elpa.git as well.
>
> IOW If we do that, then you will need to have a local clone (and the
> extra work should be something similar to "make update-elpa").

In my current version, elpa is cloned automatically on running top
level. It would also be possible to symlink in an existing elpa clone --
this would fit my workflow where I use multiple git worktree's of
different branches.

Indeed, there is an make update-elpa task which would need to be run
manually. Perhaps there is some git cleverness we can do here.

Phil