Re: Call CMD w/ keybinding VS execute-extended-command: redisplay behavi

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: Call CMD w/ keybinding VS execute-extended-command: redisplay behaviour
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 12:19:38 +0200

> From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 19:00:47 +0900
>
> What still puzzle me is that I manually call `redisplay' at the end of
> `foo-update-friend', but I still don't get a redisplay when using the
> keybinding :-(

Hm, that's weird.  Did you try force-mode-line-update?

force-mode-line-update is a built-in function in ‘src/buffer.c’.

(force-mode-line-update &optional ALL)

Force redisplay of the current buffer’s mode line and header line.
With optional non-nil ALL, force redisplay of all mode lines and
header lines.  This function also forces recomputation of the
menu bar menus and the frame title.