Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about 0.1s)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:09:07 -0400

>> But I think in the case where we move from window A to window B and both
>> are on the same frame we should either not call
>> window--maybe-raise-frame or else that function should do nothing in
>> that case.  Basically, I feel like if the movement is intra-frame than
>> no frame-level operations should be involved.
> There's no guarantee that the selected frame is visible at the time
> `display-buffer' is called.

If we're already on the destination frame, then I'd argue that if that
frame is not visible it's a pre-existing condition and there's no
particular reason to "fix" it at that time.

IOW I think that in window--maybe-raise-frame

              ;; Assume the selected frame is already visible enough.
              (eq frame (selected-frame))

should apply not just to raise-frame but also to make-frame-visible.

        Stefan