Re: set-transient-map and a question

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: set-transient-map and a question
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 04:32:11 +0200

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> From my experimentation, it appeared (needs confirmation) that if
> kee-pressed was nil, the exit-func never got called

The code says that EXIT-FUN is always called.  Here is a simple test
case:

(set-transient-map emacs-lisp-mode-map nil
  (lambda () (message "!!!")))

Works as expected here: after hitting a random key I get the expected
`message'

> -- even though the function called itself recursively -- ie if
> keep-pressed is nil, and it calls itself, the behavior is
> indistinguishable from keep-pressed = t.

Note that nested transient maps are handled specially: the first (or
"outer") ones wait until the newest one is gone.  Maybe you hit that
case.

Michael.