Re: The poor quality of Emacs's backtraces

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: The poor quality of Emacs's backtraces
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 11:19:25 +0000

Hello, Ihor.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 19:50:50 +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> > I pushed this working code this morning to the new branch
> > feature/named-lambdas, precisely to give people something concrete to
> > study, to criticize, to measure, to improve upon, and possibly to reject.

> This is curious. I tried to branch and got several native-comp errors:

Thanks for actually trying this out!

One thing I forgot to say: you need to run make bootstrap, since the
format of some internal structures is being changed.  If you didn't do
this, please try it.  If you did run make bootstrap, please let me know,
then I will take a closer look at your backtraces.  Thanks!

> Compiling
> /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/mastodon/mastodon-discover.el...

[ .... ]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).