Re: The poor quality of Emacs's backtraces

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: The poor quality of Emacs's backtraces
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 11:54:36 +0000

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

>> This is curious. I tried to branch and got several native-comp errors:
>
> Thanks for actually trying this out!
>
> One thing I forgot to say: you need to run make bootstrap, since the
> format of some internal structures is being changed.  If you didn't do
> this, please try it.  If you did run make bootstrap, please let me know,
> then I will take a closer look at your backtraces.  Thanks!

I did. Now, to be sure, I also did make extraclean; ./autogen...;
./configure...; make boostrap
And then also removed eln-cache dir.

Things changed somewhat:

In toplevel form:
eval-sexp-fu.el:121:2: Warning: Package cl is deprecated
eval-sexp-fu.el:145:2: Warning: custom-declare-variable
`eval-sexp-fu-flash-error-face' docstring wider than 80 characters
/home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/eval-sexp-fu/eval-sexp-fu.el: Error:
Wrong type argument listp

/home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/helm-dash/helm-dash.el: Error: Wrong
type argument listp

No backtrace this time.
Not sure if it is related to the branch.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,