Re: master 511bd2b8bc3: Make emerge-m-t-f obsolete in favor of make-temp

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 511bd2b8bc3: Make emerge-m-t-f obsolete in favor of make-temp-file
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 21:03:06 +0800

> branch: master
> commit 511bd2b8bc32b2867bd8d63311d827a821e6ef47
> Author: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Commit: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
>
>     Make emerge-m-t-f obsolete in favor of make-temp-file
>
>     * lisp/vc/emerge.el (emerge-make-temp-file): Make obsolete in favor of
>     'make-temp-file'.  Update all callers.

Btw, folks, this is an exemplar of the kind of commit that doesn't
warrant a commit title: the log entry itself is perfectly adequate.

Since Git doesn't provide for empty commit titles, is there some
convention we can adopt to guarantee that the redundant title isn't
reproduced within generated ChangeLog files?  If you compare
ChangeLog.android now to its contents when it was first checked in,
you'll quickly understand my point.